Saturday, June 02, 2007

doug duffey painting in new orleans


these should probably have been posted in foto-mondo. this is a shot of me painting in my "studio room" in my house @ 4000 dumaine, new orleans, in the early 90s.

i'm not sure what happened to this huge painting i was working on [over 6 feet long] in this foto. i was doing a whole voodoo and totem series... not only as art but as a security system. i'd prop them up in the long hallway [that ran the length of my house] to deter anyone from breaking in. i also hung voodoo dolls in the windows, had a cow skull on a table by the window, and left the classical music station playing all the time. too scary for the thugs.

detail from one of my totem paintings [circa 1991]; these were done on boards- using white and black enamel paint.
[c] 2007 doug duffey